Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Quick Poll On UFT

This "Quick Poll" is on the UFT website:
Which classic television show most accurately portrays the high school experience?

I don't really care about that poll, so I didn't respond to it, but it did give me the idea for our own little "Quick Poll" here at Perdido Street School blog:

Which classic film most accurately portrays the experience UFT rank & file have with the UFT leadership?

 



We'll tally up responses and let you know the winner.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought about the Burton/Hurt adaptation of 1984 but went with Bodysnatchers instead. Thought it was the better movie.

      Had Duck Soup and Modern Times in there too, but they didn't make the final cut.

      Delete
  2. For the NYSUT group, who ran on strong rank and file concerns, then flipped once they gained power, "Face Off" would be apropos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't see "Face Off." Why would it be apropos, Pogue?

      Delete
  3. I want another choice---which is similar to The Godfather, but much deadlier...The Borgias. If they don't get an oath of allegiance, they kill you. Mulgrew punches, then takes away due process rights and as we have seen, excessing seniority rights. Pretty soon he and his pal Cuomo will deconstruct tenure rights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for The Borgias, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen the Borgias either - but I know enough about the show to know it's cutthroat stuff. Kinda like Game of Thrones.

      Delete